From many Vietnam Popular Destinations, today I will introduce Phan Thiet City (Thành Phố Phan Thiết) for you guys. It is the capital of Binh Thuan Province. It is one of the attractive tourism cities in Vietnam. Situated in the South-Central coastal, Phan Thiet is an important junction of national highway No.1A connecting Ho Chi Minh City, national highway No. 55 to Vung Tau, and national highway No. 28 to the Central Highland (Tay Nguyen). Thong Nhat express train and waterways also cross the city.
Phan Thiet City’s terrain includes low mountains, rivers, sand dunes and sea with 57.4km of coastal. Ca Ty River divides the city into two parts: the south is trade area, and the north is an administrative one.
The city is situated in a tropical zone with perfect weather for sea tourism, lots of wind and sunlight year-round, rare of the storm, without hoarfrost, annual temperature from 25°C to 27°C. The rainy season lasts from May to October and the dry season is from November to April. Average yearly rainfall is 1,328mm. The relative humidity is 80%. Total hours of sunlight per year are 2,784 hours.
Tourism services and commerce have fast developed with increasingly sea tourism and a number of investment projects concentrating in Phan Thiet, Ham Tien,Hon Rom, Long Son area, Suoi Nuoc, Mui Ne and Tien Thanh.
The local economy depends on fishing (mostly fish sauce), agriculture (mostly green dragon fruit) and tourism. The city has large fishing ground with many high economic species like: shrimp, crab, squid, mackerel and tuna
Located in coastal, Phan Thiet is city of beautiful tropical beaches with resorts, hotels, restaurants, bars, souvenir shops, services of internet, motor, bicycle rubber dinghy, surfboard, buoy for hide.
Sites and attractions:
– Phan Thiet Water Tower – the symbol of city
– Beautiful Mui Ne beach surrounded by groves of palm trees and miles of red and golden sand dunes
– Hon Rom beach
– Lovely Doi Duong beach is a popular spot for lovers to sit in the evening
– Mui Ne white sand dunes where you can kiteboarding and windsurfing
– Po Sha Nu Tower is an ancient temple of the Champa Kingdom
– Duc Thanh School where teacher Nguyen Tat Thanh stayed and taught for one year
– Van Thuy Tu Temple is the oldest temple dedicated to whale worship in Binh Thuan (since 1762)
– Khe Ga Lighthouse is a unique lighthouse setting on the rocky island
– Ong, Ba Thien Hau, Phat Quang, Ta Cu pagoda of which Ong Pagoda has a Chinese Style beautiful architecture.
To sum up, Phan Thiet City has been one of the most Vietnam Popular Destinations for a long time. One of big contribution is food. Food is diversity there like sizzling cake, fish mix, steamed sponge cake and etc.
From EZ Vietnamese Cuisine Team.